Leslie Irvin didn’t make a lightweight sheepskin flying jacket, but if he had, we’d like to think he’d have made it just like the one we make in his name. The Irvin Lightweight Flying Jacket is essentially the same as the original: it uses the same high quality materials, it benefits from heavy brass zips, overlocked and bound seams, and it’s made with the same care and attention. However the differences are that we use a lighter weight sheepskin, the jacket does not have the zips in the sleeves, nor does it have the waist belt with Irvin buckle. This jacket is perfect for motoring and everyday use.
This jacket includes the exclusive Irvin Lightweight label.
This jacket is hand tailored from specially prepared sheepskins which are light in weight and more supple than those used in the making of the traditional Irvin flying jacket. This is a very warm jacket that is superbly comfortable to wear.
Brown sheepskin. Inside colour is "Warm Honey" (sheepskin is a natural material and some colour variations are to be expected).
Each jacket has 2 outside and 2 inside pockets.
All seams are overlock stitched and bound with double stitched soft leather.
Rollback cuffs with side zip and a waistband with flap and press stud adjustment to the sides.
This classic British flying jacket is the real thing. Each jacket bears an authentic Irvin, woven label. This unique label is sewn into each jacket as your assurance that the jacket is a genuine Irvin Lightweight Flying Jacket from Aviation Leathercraft.
36" - 52" English (91cm - 132cm) chest with the option of regular or long fit..
Ladies sizes 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 with option of regular or long fit.
Each Lightweight Irvin jacket bears an authentic Irvin Lightweight, woven label. This unique label is sewn into each jacket as your assurance that the jacket is a worthy addition to the Irvin range by Aviation Leathercraft
Photographic colour/material representation is illustrative. Colour and material can vary slightly.
Back to the top
Important sizing information
- Men: We suggest men order the same size jacket as you would normally take in a suit or sports style jacket.
- Ladies: We suggest ordering the same size jacket as you would normally take in a jacket.
- Jackets are cut either 'regular' or 'long' and are generally applicable to clients who are able to purchase garments off the peg.
- Our 'long' cut sizes provide additional length on sleeve and back lengths for our taller clients;
- Men: If you are 6'/1.83m/72" or above we would suggest ordering a 'long' or if you find you normally need longer sleeve lengths when purchasing garments.
- Ladies: If you are 5'7"/1.70m/67" or over we would suggest ordering a 'long' or if you find you normally need longer sleeve lengths when purchasing garments.
- International clients please see the conversion chart below to establish the equivalent UK size needed.
- Within the order notes please advise any other details that you feel may help us select the best size.
- If you are unsure of the size you need then you are very welcome to visit us in Thruxton, Hampshire to try on one of our stock sizes and if needed we will make minor adjustments to the jacket, which may incur a small additional charge. PLEASE SEE OPENING TIMES AND ADVISE BEFORE PLANNING A VISIT.
Mens International equivalent sizes
Ladies International equivalent sizes